Firstly, congratulations on your engagement! We are very pleased you are considering being married at All Saints' Church. If you have not yet had a look through http://www.yourchurchwedding.org, it will be worth spending some time there, as it contains a wealth of information about getting married in a church, and will probably answer many of your questions.
The question we get asked most often is, "Can I get married in your church?". As long as it is legal for you to get married, then it doesn't matter what your beliefs are, whether you've been christened, or even whether you go to church - the answer is probably, "yes" (though a complication may rarely arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward). You can get married in one of our churches if one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months.
Or if one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
Or if one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
If none of the above apply at the moment, it is possible to place a provisional booking, which we can firm up after you have attended regularly for six months.
The other question people often want to know is, how much will it cost? The surprising answer is that getting married in church is very competitive - the current price for a wedding at Ripley is between £500 and £900 (depending on the 'extras' desired: bells, choir, heating etc.). Though this will rise slightly next year, as the nationally set charges increase in line with a formula based on the RPI every year.
You can find a list of potentially available dates in our calendar below - if you would like to make a provisional booking, or enquire about the availability of a date not listed, please complete our enquiry form.