Promoting a Safer Church
The care and protection of children, young people, and adults involved in church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please
seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
- NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141
Reporting a concern to us
If you have a Safeguarding concern you would like to report to us, please contact The Revd. Paul Harford on 01765 677123 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser on 0113 3530257 or email@example.com. Further details are available on the Safeguarding Poster below.